The OTS Guardian full face mask is the first in a new generation of full face masks, bringing a complete range of innovations to the world of scuba diving. Decades of experience combined with more than 200 hours of design engineering have resulted in this remarkable mask that sets an unprecedented standard for comfort and performance.
The OTS Guardian Full Face Mask
This OTS Mask delivers an unparalleled field of vision, an anatomically correct fit and outstanding seal and comfort. Unique, patent-pending features like the Quick-Disconnect™ swivel buckles, adjustable buckles and easy-access nose pocket all combine to make Guardian mask the best choice for divers who want to enjoy every minute underwater.
The Guardian Full Face Mask is a compact, lightweight mask that covers the nose and mouth without feeling claustrophobic. It uses a unique ventilation system that makes breathing through the mask comfortable and cool, with minimal resistance.
This mask is great for people who feel claustrophobic in traditional full face masks and want to be able to sleep with their mouths open. The vent allows users to breathe through their mouths or noses, though it does make some noise and can lead to excess moisture in the bedroom.
The Guardian’s unique design also makes putting it on and taking it off much easier than traditional CPAP masks. There is no forehead pressure pad or chin strap to adjust; users simply place the mask over their faces, tighten the headgear straps, and they’re ready to begin therapy.
The OTS Guardian Mask is the first of its kind as a full-face snorkel mask. It features a unique, patented breathing chamber that separates inhaled fresh air from exhaled CO2, creating a lightweight, low-profile design that’s ideal for extended surface snorkeling.
The innovative OTS Guardian is a full face mask designed to make breathing underwater easier and more natural than ever before. With an exclusive patented design that allows divers to breathe naturally through their nose or mouth without holding a separate snorkel in their mouth, it’s perfect for both surface snorkeling and free diving. You can enjoy yourself at your best if you really wear the right scuba mask while diving.
- Part Number: GRD-BR-1
- For: Adult/Unisex
- Manufacturer: OTS
- Weight: 4 lbs
- Dimensions: 12 x 12 x 10 in
- Part No: GRD-BR-1
OTS Guardian Full Face Mask Review
In this review I would like to cover pros and cons of OTS Guardian full face mask. I would like to say that this is a very good product, although it has some disadvantages.
The main advantage of Guardian mask OTS is its 180 degree field of view. It is a very important feature because you can see everything around you without turning your head. Moreover, the mask is very easy to use because you just need to put it on and go!
However, there are some cons as well. First of all, many people complain about the gasket which prevents water from entering the mask. I have tried this mask in a swimming pool and it worked fine for me, but if you want to buy it for open water swimming you should think twice: salt water may corrosion the gasket and the mask will be useless for open water swimming.
In conclusion, I would like to say that OTS Guardian mask is a good product that can be used by both beginners and more advanced swimmers.
OTS Guardian Rail Mounting System
The Guardian Rail System easily attaches to the full-face Guardian mask and makes it possible to mount multiple devices to the sides of the mask. Devices are attached to the removable slide and then placed on to the rail. This system allows surface support to quickly exchange or replace devices. The rail stays mounted to the mask, while the devices are attached to slides. These can be released from the rail by pressing the release button. You can attach devices like cameras, diving lights and many more with this system
Instructions for fitting the OTS Guardian Full Face Mask
- Check that the mask is clean and dry, before fitting to the diver.
- Check that the head harness is adjusted to its largest setting.
- Ensure that both the oral-nasal cavity and the exhaust valves are free from obstruction.
- Hold the mask in position so that it is facing forward, with the oral-nasal cavity at the top of the mask and facing upwards.
- Place your thumb on top of the oral-nasal cavity and push down hard against your face to seal it to your face. Ensure that you have a good seal around your nose and mouth.
- Take hold of both sides of the mask frame with your hands and pull them outwards to tension up the head harnesses/buckles on each side of the mask frame so that they are evenly tensioned up against your head. The oral-nasal cavity should now be held firmly against your face by this tensioning action.
Tips for using Ots Guardian Mask
- Wash the mask and cushion with warm mild water and allow to air dry, or use a cloth to wipe and clean.
- You should wipe the cushion and mask with a damp cloth at least once a week.
- Use mild soap and water to clean the frame, headgear, and elbow.
- The components should be thoroughly dry before reassembling or storing.
- Do not use hot water or harsh cleaning chemicals.
The OTS Guardian Full Face Mask is an excellent option for those who wish to protect themselves from smoke and airborne particulates on the job site. It offers full control of your breathing, allowing you to work without discomfort. If safety is a concern when working with wood or other materials, it’s an excellent choice for you.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.